You are now the owner of a VitaVerde pan so let the cooking fun begin! But before you start, make sure you keep your Thermolon™ healthy ceramic non-stick pan in the best shape possible: follow our tips and tricks and get the most out of your healthy choice.
Handling the cookware
Never leave an empty pan on a hot burner. Never use metal utensils on any non-stick surface. Plastic, rubber or wooden utensils are recommended to prolong the life of the pan. Do NOT cut food while it is in the pan.
Preserving the coating
- Always nest your non-stick pans carefully. Never place any metal pan covers with thin, sharp edges inside your pans.
- Slight surface marks and discolorations developed over time are normal and will not affect the performance of the coating.
- Low to medium heat settings are recommended for most cooking.
The Thermolon™ ceramic coating distributes heat more effectively, causing some protein-rich foods to cook more quickly.
- Use oil or butter, preferably with a high smoke point:
such as refined olive oil, peanut oil, corn oil and (clarified) butter.
- Do not use extra virgin olive oil
as it cannot withstand high heating and will leave a thin carbonized layer on the non-stick coating.
Cleaning your cookware
- Allow the pan to cool down and then clean it thoroughly after each use.
- To preserve your pan, hand-wash it in warm soapy water, rinse and then dry with a soft towel.
- Do not use steel wool or (green) nylon scrubbing pads. For best results, clean with a soft cloth or sponge.